This article highlights the key changes to WayPay launching on December 6, 2019 (Release 2.5):
- Sign In and Third Party Integrations – All existing users who currently use their Accounting Software credentials will need to create a new password to sign in to WayPay. Single Sign-On via cloud-based accounting software packages will no longer be available. All accounting software connections will be managed through “Third Party Integrations”.
- Manage Access and New Role Types – Improvements to manage user permissions, roles and approvals.
- Password Security and Session Management – Enhancements to password security and session time out management.
- Address Verification – Enhancements to improve the accuracy of Business Profile and Suppliers’ addresses.
- Payment Tracker – New feature providing the ability to view the status of payments.
- Dedicated Clearing Account (for Quickbooks Online Users Only) – Creation of WayPay clearing accounts in Canadian and U.S. currencies to facilitate reconciliation.
1. Sign In and Third Party Integrations
In an effort to improve security and consistency, we will be making a change to the Sign In page; users will need to sign in to WayPay with WayPay credentials. Users who currently sign in to WayPay using their Accounting Software credentials (e.g., Quickbooks Online, Sage Accounting, Sage Financial and Xero) will no longer be able to do so. Users will need to create a new password via “Forgot Password”.
These changes will not impact your current connection to your Accounting Software.
- Create a password via “Forgot Password”
- Sign In to WayPay using your existing ID email and newly created password
Below shows the updated “Sign In” Page.
Third Party Integrations
Third Party Integrations is a new capability that allows you to view your current connections and establish a new connection to an Accounting Software system.
Steps to Follow:
To view connections, click on: Settings > Manage Profile > Third-Party Integrations
Add New Connection to an Accounting Software
If you have an existing connection, it will be listed here.
Choose Accounting Software System
To add a new connection, choose the Accounting Software system:
- Online systems - you will be prompted to enter your credentials
- Desktop systems (Sage 300 and Quickbooks Desktop) - you will receive email instructions on how to proceed
2. Manage Access
“Manage Access” is an enhanced capability within WayPay that allows you to manage all users, roles, user groups and approvers.
As part of “Manage Access”, WayPay has expanded from two to four predefined user roles as well as the ability to add new role(s) with customizable permissions:
- Super Admin: This user role has the ability to perform any function in the portal including adding any other user, approving payments and making changes to the Business Profile. Please note that while the title “Super Admin” is new, the Super Admin user role has the same administrative rights and permissions as what was previously called an “Admin” in the prior version of WayPay.
- Admin: This role can perform most functions in the portal with the exception of adding new users, roles and user groups.
- Approver: This role is allowed to approve orders for outgoing payments.
- Data Entry Clerk: This role has the ability to view all payables and create an order.
- Add Role: This is a customizable role that can be configured based on 24 different permissions.
- All Admins from the previous WayPay version (2.4) will be changed to “Super Admins”
- By default, only Super Admins can view and make changes for Users, Roles and User Groups
The four options within Manage Access are:
- Users: Allows the Super Admin to add and maintain User profiles. By default, Users can be assigned to a predefined role. The Approver Code provides enhanced security for users with permissions to approve payments. See below for more details.
- Roles: Allows the Super Admin to add customizable roles with specific permissions.
- User Groups: Allows the Super Admin to effectively manage a group of users who require the same access by simply adding a User Group and assigning a role.
- Approvals: Allows the Super Admin or Admin to set-up payment approvals workflow.
The “Manage Access” menu:
Within the “Manage Users” page, a Super Admin can see all the existing Users within the company and Add User.
When a new user is added, a Language preference is required in addition to the previous mandatory name, email and phone number fields. Additionally, there is an optional “Approver Code”.
Important information about the Approver Code:
- Recommend numeric value between 4-6 digits
- The code will need to be provided to the Approver by the Super Admin
- The code can only be changed by the Super Admin or anyone with the ability to manage users
- The Approver must input the Approver Code when approving a payment via email
- If the Approver cannot remember the code and needs to approve a payment, they will need to login to the WayPay portal and approve the payment
The “Manage Roles” page list all roles and allows new roles to be added. A role is required for User Groups. Any roles added will automatically be available to be selected under User Group.
The “Manage User Groups” lists all existing User Groups and allows new groups to be added. Groups allows multiple users to share the same role.
A new User Group can be created from the “Manage User Groups” screen:
A user can be assigned to a group under Manage Access > User > Edit > Step 2: Set User Permissions
Approvals Rules allows you to establish and maintain payment workflow:
3. Password Security and Session Management
We have enhanced security for password management. When creating or changing a password, all users need to ensure a minimum 10-character password with one upper case, one lower case and one special character.
We have introduced session management where users will be notified if they are inactive for 15 minutes. The user will be provided the option to stay signed in before they are automatically signed out.
4. Address Verification
WayPay is introducing address verification where physical addresses are entered such as the Business or Supplier Profile.
Users can search by “Business Name” or input the business address. Note: Please input unit numbers first, followed by the address.
5. Payment Tracker
WayPay is introducing a Payment Tracker to show the status of an outgoing payment. Within an order that is “In-progress”, users will be able to see the status along the right hand side and click on “In-progress” to see all payment details.
Below shows the status of a payment for an Electronic Fund Transfer.
6. Dedicated Clearing Account (for Quickbooks Online Users Only)
In order to facilitate reconciliation within Quickbooks Online, WayPay will create a clearing account upon the first order submission date by currency:
- “WayPay Clearing Account (CAD)” will be created for Canadian currency payments
- “WayPay Clearing Account (USD)” will be created for U.S. currency payments
On the order creation date, the clearing accounts will have details of payment made to suppliers shown as separate entries with the Order number as the Reference number.
For additional information please search for articles on WayPay’s Help Page.